Whether you’re spending the day lunching with the ladies or making eyes across the table at your lover, there’s nothing like love in the air to make a girl want to up her beauty routine. Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to primp + bust out everything pink in your closet and beauty drawer. These 9 items are my top picks for feeling gorgeous on Valentine’s Day (and all the time, really).
1. Maybelline Color Whisper by Color Sensational | This nourishing gel lip colour from Maybelline will moisturize your lips while giving them a soft gel-like sheen. The darker colours will lightly stain, never leaving you with half-on-half-off colour. Keep this in your bag and build up the hue for a daring look.
2. NARS The Multiple in Orgasm | Universally flattering, NARS The Multiple can be used on eyes, lips and cheeks making it the ultimate sleepover staple. Orgasm is a peachy shade laced with golden gleam, sure to light up your skin after a day at work or enhance your lusty glow the morning after. In case you’re wondering, yes, it’s earned its name. What could be more fitting for a day dedicated to romance?
3. Veet Easy to Use Wax Strips for Face & Bikini | Whether you’re into DIY or you’re a procrastinator and forgot to book a waxing appointment (I’m guilty of both), Veet’s wax strips couldn’t be easier to use. Rub the strips between your palms to warm them up then peel apart, apply to the area, smooth down, pull taught + rip it off. You’ll be fuzz-free in no time – just remember to get your wax on the night before.
4. Nivea Lip Butter in Vanilla & Macadamia | This smells like hot chocolate. If that hasn’t convinced you, I guess I could also mention that it’s super-moisturizing and can soothe ragged cuticles as easily as it can chapped lips.
5. Essie Nail Polish in Bachelorette Bash | This is my signature shade – it’s almost identical to the pink here on the blog (someone pointed this out in an interview once). A punchy pink, this is perfect for a DIY manicure since it’s opaque enough to need only one coat. It’s what I’ll be wearing on my tips this Valentine’s Day.
6. Dove Style + Care Nourishing Amplifier Mousse | If you’re in need of a little va-va-voom volume, reach for this mousse. Blowdry your hair the night before, using this at the roots, and no one will be any the wiser when you just touch it up in the morning (or put your amplified locks into a bun). Touchable hair is a must on Valentine’s Day, making a crunch-free mousse a necessity.
7. Chloe Eau De Parfum Rollerball | This sexy, floral fragrance screams romance while retaining a certain chicness that keeps it appropriate for everyday wear. This rollerball never leaves my purse – it’s a must-have for being sweetly scented at all hours of the day or night. Roll this over pulse points (wrists, between your breasts or behind your ears) to radiate sexy all night long.
8. Benefit Bad Gal Lash Waterproof Mascara | Whether you’re watching a romantic flick with the girls or getting hot and heavy, waterproof mascara is a must. Benefit’s Bad Gal Lash is my favourite formula with the added bonus of waterproof. This mascara won’t flake and will hold curl so you can bat your eyes to your heart’s content.
9. Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish in It’s Raining Men | A classic red, this polish feels optimistic and may actually possess magical man-hunting powers. OK, maybe that’s a bit of a stretch, but it’s hard not to feel sexy when you have the ultimate red on your tips.
Awesome post. So nice to discover somebody with a few unique thoughts on this subject matter. I will recommend this post to my friends. Thank you for sharing.
It's funny how in the last couple of years it seems like people (myself and all my friends included) have totally abandoned their loyalty to OPI and are now Essie, Essie, Essie!
@margaret o'donoghue I have equal amounts of both in my collection, actually! I have been purchasing more Essie recently (because I can't resist it at the drug store) but I do go on the hunt for awesome OPI collection polishes also ;)