The items on this week’s lust list will make you glow inside and out. From glosses & polish with staying power + lit-from-within powders to the perfect spring henley + the #1 must-have kitchen toy, this week’s picks can’t help but make you feel lust.
1. Vitamix Total Nutrition Centre ($579.00, Costco and other retailers) | Before you balk at the price tag, I want you to know that we’ve used this every single day (sometimes twice) since we bought it and it comes with a 7-year warranty. Feel better? If you’re looking for an appliance that does it all, pick up the Vitamix. From grinding your own flours to whipping up your own soups and smoothies in minutes, the Vitamix will be right at home in your kitchen (no matter how small). I’m more than a little obsessed with mine – I’ve had a smoothie for breakfast every day this week made with almond milk I made myself!
2. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder and Brush ($52 and $41, Sephora) | There’s been a ton of buzz about this product, so I could hardly contain myself for the three weeks it took for it to arrive from Sephora (it wasn’t in Canadian stores yet). Believe the buzz: this powder imparts the look of perfect lighting on your skin. I’ve been using Dim lighting (sold out online) every single day and have had multiple compliments on how glowy my skin has looked. These sheer powders go on softly and make it seem like a lighting crew is following you around all day. They look great both with and without foundation. As for the brush…it feels like unicorn hair. It’s honestly that soft and luxurious. It’s a densely-packed powder brush that fits in the palm of your hand. You don’t need it for this powder (any brush will do), but I bet you’ll want it.
3. Bibelot Henley (~$60, Anthropologie) | I had to have this mint and navy-striped henley the moment I saw it. As if the colours weren’t enough, the polka dot trim did me in. It’s a casual fit that manages to be as versatile as it is classic – I wore it under a vintage St. John blazer to work this week, but it will look great on top of white jeans for spring. It also comes in solid colours with floral accents. I apologize in advance to your bank account.
4. Deborah Lippmann Gel Lab Treatment Set ($46, Murale + Holt Renfrew locations) | I have a beauty blogger confession to make: I’ve never had a gel manicure. Never. However, I’ve always coveted the mega-shiny cushion-y look of gel polish along with the long wear, so I scooped up the Deborah Lippmann Gel Lab Treatment Set as soon as it hit stores. It delivers: in the weeks since I’ve been using it, my manicures have that glorious gel look without the commitment level. I’m chip-free for at least 4 days, something most girls who type all day can only dream about. Sometimes my manicure lasts close to a week!
5. NARS Velvet Lip Gloss Pencil ($32, Murale, Sephora + Holt Renfrew locations) | I recently purchased the velvet lip gloss pencil in Mexican Rose and could not be happier with it. I’m wearing it today, actually! These pencils glide on smoothly and impart a high-pigment glossy shine to your lips without feeling slippy. The gloss grips your lips and the darker shades lightly stain them so you’re never left with that awkward fade after your morning cup of java. Whether you use the pencils under lipsticks or on their own, you’re guaranteed a high-pigment shine that will last for hours (or, if you forget to scrub it off before bed…overnight). I can’t wait to scoop this up in more colours!
Disclosure: I purchased each of these products – no PR pitches here!
Have a product/service/event you’d like considered for The Lust List by Stephanie Fusco? Shoot me an email.
Your website keeps getting better and better! Your older post are good and also as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!
You know I loooove the Nars Velvet Lip Pencils - so glad to see it on your list! I'll have to check out Mexican Rose... might be one of the only ones I don't already have!
Love that you included the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder! Debating on whether I should pick one up and I always trust your reviews, so maybe I will finally grab it! :)
@MariaAguilar I can't believe I went so long without one! I originally left this one at the store - I tried it on after work one day at Holt's - but when it stayed on all night long and into the next morning I became fixated on it and knew I had to have it! I went back that Monday ;). Love the glossy look but the ridiculous staying power on the gloss pencils and I love the look of the mattes! I have one of each now.
The ambient lighting powder is definitely something I recommend. I kept on hearing so much about it! I'm glad I went with a neutral colour at first - I feel like I'm getting my money's worth since I wear it every day. I'd love to get one of the more special shades next - I've heard Luminous is the one to beat. Let me know how you like them!
With the Deborah Lippmann gel lab - can you wear it with any other nail polish you want? How do you feel it compares with the Seche Vite topcoat?
Here is my confession: I wore acrylic and gel nails for about a year in university. They are disgusting. Gel is done in a more freehand way than acrylic nails - so I could never be okay with all the imperfections and unevenness. Plus, I found them to be extremely dirty - always picking up dust - and after removing the nails it took almost 2 years to get my nails back to their post-false nails strength. Now, I find any kind of nail extensions to be very tacky. I think that the popularity of shellac and gel applied to natural nails is a trend away from long false nails - thank goodness.
@terakristen You can definitely wear it with whatever polish you want. Of course they recommend you use the Deborah Lippmann polishes, but I generally only buy must-have colours from her line (since they're pretty pricey). I've tried it with DL, Bourjois, Essie + OPI polishes so far and it's worked equally well.
I like Seche Vite but I do find that this gives a better "gel" look and also longevity to the manicure. Make sure you swipe both polish and the base/topcoats over the tips of the nails! I think this is a great happy medium between regular polish and wanting a gel look + longevity.