If you’re trying to make WFH fashion – or just want to upgrade your look for rare emergences into public – faux leather leggings are the perfect fall staple.Let’s not be fancy here and instead call it for what it is: I’m suggesting you buy a nice pair of plastic pants. Faux leather leggings are a super-comfortable, cozy and yes, chic, way to switch up your wardrobe for fall.
If you’re on the hunt for the perfect pair of faux leather leggings, you’re in luck. My friends and I have been searching high and low for what feels like weeks and have finally been successful!
*updated November 2020 with a recent find that is the best option I’ve found.
Best Faux Leather Leggings
$29 Faux Leather Leggings from Joe Fresh
- Available in Black, Grey, Burgundy, Cognac & Green, there’s a faux leather option for every look – and budget. Sizing ranges to 3x, one of the more inclusive faux leather legging options avaiable. My friend Kat purchased these and loves them so much that she’s considering a backup pair. Her hot tip? Remember to size up!
$40 Faux Leather Leggings from Design Lab
- These shiny, thick faux leather leggings are what I ultimately ordered – and kept – for myself. Comfortably lined with a soft fabric, these leggings suck you in + fit nicely in the butt. They’re very high-waisted (and I love it) – mine reach just under the bra line. Sizing tip: Use the True Fit Size feature on the Bay’s website to make sure you get the right size – I ordered XL.
$60 Faux Leather Leggings from Reitmans
- Available in three colours (black, wine & juniper) and from sizes 0-22 with petite, regular and tall options, these Reitmans faux leather leggings are the most size-inclusive leggings I’ve found.
$90 Faux Leather Leggings by Commando
- The best faux leather leggings I’ve ever found. Thin, high-waisted textured faux leather with an invisible tummy-smoothing panel (that helps to hide underwear lines). These are the most flattering and most comfortable faux leather leggings on this list. A bit of a splurge at $90 but worth it, IMO, for the comfort and style. They’re also available in a 7/8 length and in patent leather.
$138 Faux Leather Leggings from Aritzia
- High-rise and made of 100% Japanese fabric, these splurge-y faux leather leggings are available in two colours and lengths. I’m told they fit mostly true-to-size and may try out the ankle-length version.
I love to style these leggings with a long cardi and a tee or a longer button-down shirt plus boots (yes, even Uggs) for a comfortable weekend look. Wear them to WFH if you’re feeling fancy.
There were some popular pairs we didn’t love – I’ll explain why:
- A lot of people recommend & swear by the Spanx faux leather leggings. I ordered a few pairs at the beginning of the season only to find they’re not as much faux leather as they are oddly textured leggings that appear leather-like from afar. I prefer thicker, shinier leather leggings, so that’s what I’ve shared.
- The AE faux leather leggings are another frequent recommendation. The friend who purchased these found they had too intense of a scent – kind of like paint – and returned them ASAP. Airing them out for a few days didn’t help, either. Buyer beware!
Did I miss your favourites? Let me know in the comments!