TGIF! This has definitely been one of those weeks where I’ve been working for the weekend. I launched a blogger program for a client based out of the US and am working on a second large campaign launch which, suffice to say, takes up a lot of my time. Couple that with two blogger events and the Hunger Games “midnight’ showing last night and it’s been a crazy one! Having such a jam-packed week really made me appreciate the products that make my life easier every single day, so I wanted to take a few minutes to share my beauty & hair must-haves for quick & easy styling.
Ah, the “natural” makeup look. So coveted, so often poorly done. During a busy week, I’m all about the less-is more look which usually means focusing on making sure my skin glows. From there, it’s super easy to add a little bit of winged liner, mascara and a pop of colour on the lips if the occasion calls for it. These 4 products make for a 5-minute face. Just curl your lashes and you’re good to go!
1. NARS One Night Stand | I can’t say enough good things about this palette. The four blush shades are universally-flattering and incredibly pigmented which means you only need a quick swoop of the blush brush to apply and blend. The bronzer adds a bit of warmth or contour to any complexion while the highlighter adds a subtle glow. I’ve been using this for the last few weeks and honestly can’t get enough. Run to Sephora and pick this up immediately – you won’t regret it.
2. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer | I’ve been using this concealer since the summer and still haven’t found anything that manages to sway me. It has magical brightening powers and stays on almost all day. I’m grateful for this concealer every day, but even more so when I’m having a long, dark-shadows-inducing week. Need an extra boost? SkinCeuticals AOX+ Eye Gel layered underneath will de-puff.
3. Revlon PhotoReady BB Cream | I’m embarrassed to say I only started using this BB cream this week. The lovely ladies at Revlon sent it over during the summer, but somehow it got lost in the product shuffle that is my office. I’ve been having a bit of skin trouble over the past week (I blame hormones) and this has been a lifesaver. The beauty balm blends seamlessly without getting cakey or covering up my freckles. It’s a my-skin-but-better look that makes people wonder why your skin looks so luminous but not suspect that you’re actually wearing makeup. I’m in love. Also, it has an SPF of 30 which is a mega-bonus.
4. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder | I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: these Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders are like having your own personal lighting crew following you around. I use Dim Light as a daily setting powder that imparts a subtle glow to my skin. It sets my Revlon PhotoReady BB cream perfectly and keeps my skin from getting oily throughout the day.
Full disclosure: I heat style my hair every single day. My naturally curly and coarse hair is tough to handle, especially in the winter when there’s no opportunity to air-dry my curls. These products give me that Kate Middleton happy shiny pony look with minimal effort.
1. OSiS Curl Me Soft Velvet Curl Cream | Available at salons, this blush-hued curl cream has changed my hair in an amazing way. It’s meant to be used as a leave-in curl cream, but I find that when I apply it before blow-drying my hair is sleeker and softer than ever. It won’t weigh down your hair but it will give you amazing shine.
2. Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Dry Styling Oil | This dry styling oil is meant to be used on damp hair right out of the shower, but I love to spritz it on post-blowdry for a touch of gloss. It’s also great for giving your hair extra that little something extra the next morning – not only does it impart light, non-greasy shine, it also smells amazing.
3. Matrix Biolage ExquisiteOil Protective Treatment | Applying a bit of this concentrated oil to damp hair all but guarantees a silky smooth finish. Another bonus? It has 7 uses! You can mix it with your shampoo & conditioner, leave it on your ends overnight for a treatment, add it on dry ends for immediate luster and more. Suffice to say I’m a bit obsessed with it.
4. Dove Daily Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner | You may never buy expensive shampoo or conditioner again. This drugstore find preps your hair to be beautifully soft, smooth and manageable. Don’t underestimate the power of starting your blow-out routine in the shower with a smoothing shampoo.
What are your must-have products for natural, easy beauty?