It’s been a wild ride, but after catching up on sleep and cleaning my room, I’m willing to believe the new year is actually here.
In the spirit of the new year, here’s a recap of what I did in 2011 and my resolutions for 2012.
Thanks for taking the time to read, sending me products to review and inviting me to events – I’ve loved it all.
Here’s to a fabulous year!
I became a real blogger! After blogging for a few years, I finally decided to put in the effort to blog more – it paid off.
- 85 blog posts written (half of which don’t have photos anymore since I deleted my server. Oops.)
- Newsprint nails took the internet by storm
- Attended awesome events: BlackBerry PlayBook launch, Spy in July, Blo Bayview Village launch, The Single Girl’s To Do List book launch, BlackBerry 7 Fan Night, Vanity School, Princess Margaret Toronto Fire Fighter Calendar Launch, Diet Coke Stay Extraordinary TIFF Gala, Avon Girls’ Night at Mumford and Sons and the Apothic Red launch (to name a few)
- I gave you tips on beating Facebook Timeline’s privacy settings, called out PR fails and successes and said goodbye to Jack Layton
- Did PayPal’s apology solve its Grinch problem? – Ragan.com / Matt Wilson (December 7, 2011)
- “Blogger of the Week – Stephanie Fusco” – Medium Magazine / Brigid Towler (August 10, 2011)
- “Toronto’s Top Bloggers” – Zach Bussey (June 12, 2011)
- “A Fresh Start” – The Last Duck / Louis Tsilivis (May 26, 2011)
- “The Top 150 Toronto Twitter Influencers” – Zach Bussey (May 14, 2011)
- “Volunteer with election campaigns to build your network and resume” – Talent Egg / David Cadiente (April 28, 2011)
- “Youth voters won’t be wooed by boring Tweets alone, social media experts say” – The Toronto Observer / Sian Davies (April 11, 2011)
- “Holt Renfrew customers take to Twitter in bid to save doorman’s job” – Toronto Star / Lesley Ciarula Taylor (March 28, 2011)
- “PR girl diaries: Working with Magnet Creative during TIFF” – Magnet Creative Management Tumblr / Gail McInnes (Feb. 24, 2011)
- “War of the Roses” – Eye Weekly (Feb. 16, 2011)
- “Why Every Student And New Graduate Should Be Using Twitter” – Talent Egg / Erin MacFarlane (Feb. 10, 2011)
In 2012 I will:
- Do what I love. PR is my calling and I can’t wait to see what will happen in the second year of my career!
- Breathe. With a full-time job, blog and social life comes stress. It’s time to breathe, stretch and drink lots of tea.
- Wear more high heels. It’s no secret that I have a ton of shoes. After a super serious back injury 3 years ago, I had to all but abandon them. It’s time to bring them out of the closet 🙂
- Save for Chanel. Yes, really. I’ve been coveting a classic quilted bag since forever and would love to buy it for myself without feeling guilty (there are futures and down payments to think about, after all!). Using Mint.com, I’m going to keep tabs on my finances so the new addition barely makes a dent.
- Have those dates that always get put off. You know the ones – the well-intentioned coffees and dinners that never happen. Since, like Val, I’ve been trimming the fat from my social life, there will be lots of time left over for wonderful relationships – new and old.
- Blog more. I love to write – it’s part of why I’m in PR! I’d love to put up the equivalent of 2 posts a week this year (and maybe contribute to other blogs/outlets, too!).
- Live colourfully. Smile, wear lots of lipstick and bright colours, be joyful.