Before you start reading, please have a tissue at the ready – you’re about to drool. It’s a foodie’s dream at Yonge-Dundas Square in Toronto today. If you dream of Caplansky’s, Beaver Tails or Magic Oven pizza, you need to get yourself to YD Square from 11 am – 3pm today.
In support of Second Harvest’s initiative to provide over 600,000 meals for hungry Torontonians, this Lunch Money Days initiative features a bevy of tasty treats that you can purchase for $3 to $50 with all proceeds going to feeding those in need across the city.
This is where the drool rag comes in.
Lunch Money Days vendors:
- Beaver Tails
- Jack Astor’s
- Millwood Melt Grilled Cheesery (!!!!)
- Magic Oven
- RealSports Bar & Grill
- Smoke’s Poutinerie
- Rock Lobster
- Sullivan & Bleeker Baking Co.
While you’re there, make sure to tweet a photo of your lunch with the #lunchmoneydays hashtag! You could win:
- 1 of 2 $50 Sporting Life Canada gift cards
- 1 of 2 $25 Steve’s Music gift cards
- A Purdy’s Chocolatier gift basket
- 1 of 10 pairs of tickets to the Toronto FC season opener on March 9 (include @TorontoFC in your tweet)
I’m going to do my best to sneak away for lunch today, so keep your eyes peeled for me…and Chef Mark McEwan (the Second Harvest ambassador) who will also be in attendance!