As warmer temps become more consistent – hello, sunshine! – it’s not hard to get motivated for a little spring cleaning. But, let’s be honest: the best part about spring cleaning is refreshing your space with new decor.
Put a little spring in your step by refreshing your space with these three decor trends for Spring 2016.
This spring, let no print be left behind. Small pieces can have a huge impact when they’re as boldly patterned as these picks.
- Channel Paris with black & white striped accent chair that would look right at home at your vanity. $129.98
- Dress up your couch with a selection of brights, foils, and everyone’s favourite print – leopard! These Samantha Pynn For Simons Maison Pillows in Baci Mountain, Leo, Diamond Links have my heart. $60 – 75
- Cocktails served on a pretty floral tray just taste better. No explanation required. Especially when it’s Kate Spade. $52
I can’t get enough gold & marble and, based on my Instagram feed, many of you feel the same! A little dose of luxury goes a long way, but that doesn’t mean you should be moderate in your approach.
- I’ve been pining for a gold bar cart and this affordable option just might be the one. Brass with wood and glass shelving, this cart is just crying out for a marble contact paper DIY job. $129.98
- This brass-hued, diamond-inspired mirror is just perfect for a tiny condo entryway. $99.50
- A marble & gold clock means you’ll find excuses to tell the time. I wish I had a bright white kitchen to hang this in! $49.50
- Run, don’t walk, to the new H&M Flagship at CF Eaton Centre. The home section is *to die for*…as is this gold wire basket. Ours is filled with rolled-up throws and lives next to our couch. Just perfect. about $20
Bring the Outside In
Enhancing your home with natural elements gives a nature feel without, you know, a hike in the forest. I love to incorporate a little bit of greenery (and lots of wood) in my decor.
- Succulents are hard to kill. Adhere a little gold foil to a low-cost pot and you have an insta-perfect accent. I found mine at Canadian Tire (and craft supplies at Michael’s).
- This teak bench is rustic yet incredibly luxe. Perfect for your entryway or as occasional seating in the living room, each piece is unique. $520
- Cucumber & cilantro, pineapple & thyme, grapefruit & sage. Need I say more? These gourmet, savoury candles add a fresh scent to your home. Yes, you can buy them all. $16 each
- Wooden frames with bow-shaped golden accents will fit in with any decor, whether cottagey or modern. For brownie points, consider pressing some flowers & framing them. $24 – 48.
As an aside…can I just give a shout-out to Walmart’s spring home collection? I never thought I’d say this, but it’s possible Walmart is going to fill the gaping void left by Target with these on-trend pieces. I’ll be keeping my eyes on them…and probably buying that bar cart ASAP.
What’s your favourite way to spruce up your decor for spring? xo