Welcome to the first installment of my 2012 Holiday Gift Guide for the n0t-so-organized. I haven’t started my Christmas shopping either, don’t worry. Luckily, I’m a planner (if also a procrastinator) so I have a ton of suggestions for just about everyone on your list. The best part? Most of these items can be picked up in a single trip to Yorkdale or online. Without further ado…
Gifts for Her
Whether you’re shopping for your BFF, participating in a Secret Santa exchange at work* or choosing a hostess gift, these pretty little things are just what the doctor ordered. You won’t break the bank, but you just might break some hearts with your thoughtfulness. *(OK, maybe don’t gift the thong to coworkers…)
1. Crystal Wine Stopper, $12, Indigo | Diamonds might be a girl’s best friend, but they go best with a side of vino. Pick up a bottle of your favourite wine (my affordable wine pick: Apothic Red or Cave Springs Riesling) and make her holiday sparkle & glow in more ways than one.
2. Anthropologie Monogrammed Mug, ~$6, Anthropologie | These mugs are my go-to gift for girlfriends & hostesses alike. Fill them up with candy canes, bath bombs or pair with some DavidsTea to make it a perfect gift.
3. Hanky Panky Thong, ~$24, fine lingerie retailers | The most comfortable thong you’ll ever wear is also the most versatile gift – it fits sizes 4-14! Roll them up & tie with a ribbon to gift your girlfriends with ‘bon bons’. For extra credit, pick up a boxed set of 3-5 at retailers like Linea Intima or Holt Renfrew. Guys: this is a foolproof, sexy gift. No sizes!
4. Kate Spade Bobby’s Pins, ~$18, Kate Spade (Yorkdale) | The most adorable stocking stuffer you’ll ever see. These bobby pins are functional and precious. The matchbox styling will win her over, the red-tipped golden bobbies will keep her on-trend.
5. Ted Baker Glitzy crystal matinee , ~ $70, Ted Baker (Yorkdale) | For the most special lady on your list, this Ted Baker showstopper will take her from holiday parties to New Years Eve without breaking a sweat. Bonus: it also gives you an excuse to check out the brand new Ted Baker store at Yorkdale. Win-win.
What are you getting the ladies in your life this year?
Stay tuned for the best gifts for him, what a fashionista wants this year, top picks for beauty-lovers and more!
Disclosure: this post does not include any affiliate links and none of these items were gifted. Pure & simple, they’re just things I love & think the people on your shopping list will love, too!