The Lust List is back! To ease the pain from holiday over-shopping and one too many Boxing Week deals, this week’s list is full of affordable items that will make you look & feel great.
1. Sunkissed pullover ($39.45, Gap) | Don’t let this picture fool you – this soft, cozy, perfect-fit sweater is actually dayglo pink. Reflects-on-your-face pink. Gets-you-millions-of-compliments-at-work pink. Whether you wear it over jeans or a skirt, layer with a scarf or vest or even just pile on the pearls (like I did yesterday), this pullover is the perfect transitional basic. I may have to pick this up in another colour!
2. Gold Dust Swirl Bracelet ($35, HelloBerry) | Yesterday, while attempting to crowd-source camp crafts for a friend (she’s still looking! Leave your favourites in the comments!), I was reminded of Toronto-based HelloBerry – a Lust List veteran and purveyor of grown-up “gimp” bracelets. Made with the same plastic lace you loved as a kid, these bracelets are luxified by the addition of trendy hardware and cool stitches. I’m hoping to get this one for spring! Isn’t it gorgeous?
3. Vaseline Cocoa Butter Lip Therapy ($1.99, drugstores) | Vaseline has always been my secret weapon for soft lips and these adorable little pots make it so much easier to tote around. I was gifted with a Swarovski-encrusted version at a recent Unilever event and it re-invigorated my love for the brand. The subtle cocoa butter scent combined with the soothing and smoothing power of the formula will have you reaching for this tiny pot all day long – I keep mine on my desk at work. (Bonus: apply to lips liberally + gently rub off with a terrycloth towel to quickly exfoliate dry lips)
4. Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner ($10, drugstores) | This product was recommended to me by fellow beauty buff Stella Lee and I’ve been obsessed with it ever since. I duplicated this glittery look by PixiWoo for New Year Eve and needed the perfect gel eyeliner to complete the look. Stella came through in a big way with this recco – Maybelline’s gel eyeliner is super-pigmented, smooth and easy to apply. It also lasted all through the night. The best part? It’s completely customizable – I wear a more subtle winged every day but also vamp it up a bit more on weekends. At this price, it’s a steal – especially compared to pricier-yet-similar products from MAC + Bobbi Brown.
5. Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask ($22, The Body Shop) | This is my go-to mask for clearing up problem skin. It’s also one of my most recommended products to friends who are looking for the deepest cleaning mask ever. This mask pulls out impurities – you can actually see the dark spots develop – and dries up blemishes like nobody’s business. It’s also the best shade of seafoam green. Warning: don’t use this on areas that don’t need it. They will feel tight and like they’re on fire. Consider this your warning to use it on clogged pores and to follow directions for use. Do this and it’ll change your life.
Disclosure: I was gifted with the Vaseline Cocoa Butter Lip Therapy at an event.
Have a product/service/event you’d like considered for The Lust List by Stephanie Fusco? Shoot me an email.