This week has been a cold one here in Toronto! The items on this week’s Lust List will keep you warm, fashionable and beautiful through winter and beyond. Each feels a little bit luxurious without breaking the bank. [Some of you have been wondering which products I own and which I’m lusting after, so I’ve indicated after each post whether an item is a lust or a must. While I consider everything on this list to be a ‘must-have’, lust items are things I have not yet acquired. As always, items sent to me by a PR agency for review are disclosed at the end of the post.]
1. NARS Lipstick in Manhunt ($30, Sephora, Murale & Holt Renfrew locations) | Nothing says holiday more than a red lip, so as we approach the season I’m wearing my favourite red – NARS Manhunt. This sheer poppy red looks like a glossy stain with one coat and can be built up to a more opaque red. It’s universally flattering and easy to apply, thanks to its sheer nature. I wear this all summer and winter long – it’s so versatile! MUST
2. Roots Cabin Sock Hot Water Bottle ($25, Roots) | My room is boiling hot in the summer and freezing in the winter, so I’m always looking for new ways to keep warm (since Chloe sometimes refuses to sleep with me). This year, I hope to get back to basics with this adorable cabin sock hot water bottle from Roots. I’ve been eyeing the cabin sock collection for awhile now and think this adorable hot water bottle is the perfect item to purchase. It’s quintessentially “Canadian winter” and will also keep my toes warm at night when Chloe refuses to. LUST
3. Talbots High-Heel & Chain scarf ($60, Talbots) | I first spotted this scarf on the Bayview Village blog and knew I had to have it. The silk scarf dotted with tiny white heels (with a hot pink one here and there) was too adorable to pass up. My mom must have read my mind, because she spotted it while shopping at Bayview Village that day and brought it home for me! I’ve been obsessed with silk scarves since attending the Hermes Swinging Silk party, so this was a welcome addition to my newly-started collection. This scarf will look great with a crisp white shirt and jeans or a LBD yearlong. MUST
4. L’Occitane Almond Supple Skin Oil ($54, L’Occitane boutiques and Murale locations) | I tested out this product on one of my many pilgrimages to Murale and have been thinking of it ever since. I’m the worst at moisturizing, so I’m always on the hunt for new ways to incentivize this activity. This almond oil based product promises to hydrate and smooth and dispenses using a pump (easy to apply- check)! It smells unbelievable and absorbed into my dry skin in seconds, leaving it silky smooth. The price seemed a bit steep, but after rationalizing it for a few weeks I’m going to head over there this weekend and pick it up for keeps. LUST
5. Bourjois Intuitive Liner (~$10, Shoppers Drug Mart locations) | This liner arrived in my mailbox a few weeks ago from Bourjois and I’ve been wearing it since. Using the three-pronged felt tip to dot the product along your lashline, this liner promises to make your lashes look fuller with minimal effort. While I appreciate the pointillism aspect, I love angling the tip slightly and sweeping it along my lashline for an effortless cat eye. It glides easily and better than any other felt-tip liner I’ve tried. Even for liquid liner virgins, this tip makes application easy and quick. Pick this up now and I promise you’ll be an eyeliner superstar in no time. MUST
Disclosure: The Bourjois liner was sent to me by the PR company for my editorial consideration. I know you trust my opinion, so as always this review is unbiased. I use and love these products, and think you will, too!
Have a product/service/event you’d like considered for The Lust List by Stephanie Fusco? Shoot me an email.
***currently accepting submissions for our special Holiday Gifting-themed Lust List features ***