The items on this week’s lust list will make you glow inside and out. From glosses & polish with staying power + lit-from-within powders to the perfect spring henley + the #1 must-have kitchen toy, this week’s picks can’t help but make you feel lust.
1. Vitamix Total Nutrition Centre ($579.00, Costco and other retailers) | Before you balk at the price tag, I want you to know that we’ve used this every single day (sometimes twice) since we bought it and it comes with a 7-year warranty. Feel better? If you’re looking for an appliance that does it all, pick up the Vitamix. From grinding your own flours to whipping up your own soups and smoothies in minutes, the Vitamix will be right at home in your kitchen (no matter how small). I’m more than a little obsessed with mine – I’ve had a smoothie for breakfast every day this week made with almond milk I made myself!
2. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder and Brush ($52 and $41, Sephora) | There’s been a ton of buzz about this product, so I could hardly contain myself for the three weeks it took for it to arrive from Sephora (it wasn’t in Canadian stores yet). Believe the buzz: this powder imparts the look of perfect lighting on your skin. I’ve been using Dim lighting (sold out online) every single day and have had multiple compliments on how glowy my skin has looked. These sheer powders go on softly and make it seem like a lighting crew is following you around all day. They look great both with and without foundation. As for the brush…it feels like unicorn hair. It’s honestly that soft and luxurious. It’s a densely-packed powder brush that fits in the palm of your hand. You don’t need it for this powder (any brush will do), but I bet you’ll want it.
3. Bibelot Henley (~$60, Anthropologie) | I had to have this mint and navy-striped henley the moment I saw it. As if the colours weren’t enough, the polka dot trim did me in. It’s a casual fit that manages to be as versatile as it is classic – I wore it under a vintage St. John blazer to work this week, but it will look great on top of white jeans for spring. It also comes in solid colours with floral accents. I apologize in advance to your bank account.
4. Deborah Lippmann Gel Lab Treatment Set ($46, Murale + Holt Renfrew locations) | I have a beauty blogger confession to make: I’ve never had a gel manicure. Never. However, I’ve always coveted the mega-shiny cushion-y look of gel polish along with the long wear, so I scooped up the Deborah Lippmann Gel Lab Treatment Set as soon as it hit stores. It delivers: in the weeks since I’ve been using it, my manicures have that glorious gel look without the commitment level. I’m chip-free for at least 4 days, something most girls who type all day can only dream about. Sometimes my manicure lasts close to a week!
5. NARS Velvet Lip Gloss Pencil ($32, Murale, Sephora + Holt Renfrew locations) | I recently purchased the velvet lip gloss pencil in Mexican Rose and could not be happier with it. I’m wearing it today, actually! These pencils glide on smoothly and impart a high-pigment glossy shine to your lips without feeling slippy. The gloss grips your lips and the darker shades lightly stain them so you’re never left with that awkward fade after your morning cup of java. Whether you use the pencils under lipsticks or on their own, you’re guaranteed a high-pigment shine that will last for hours (or, if you forget to scrub it off before bed…overnight). I can’t wait to scoop this up in more colours!
Disclosure: I purchased each of these products – no PR pitches here!
Have a product/service/event you’d like considered for The Lust List by Stephanie Fusco? Shoot me an email.