This week’s lust list will get you ready to party. Yes, it’s too early to be talking about holiday parties, so let’s just pretend we’re talking about fall weddings, OK?
1. MaskerAide sheet masks ($4.99 each) | When these masks were offered to me, I was immediately intrigued. I’d heard a lot about sheet masks, but had never actually tried them. I’m a convert. A sheet mask is exactly what it sounds like – a face-shaped cloth mask saturated with product. You simply open the package, pull out the mask, unfold it and apply over your face. After 20 minutes, your skin is refreshed and you don’t even have to rinse. MaskerAide is a Canadian company and the masks come in six varieties, each containing argan oil: All Nighter (revitalizing), Detox Diva (purifying), I Don’t Wanna Grow up (anti aging), Beauty Restore (rejuvenating), Weather Warrior (weather recovery), and Pre Party Prep (brightening). The price is definitely right and my skin always looks great when I use them. The best part? No mess!
2. Pink Tartan Tiffany wool/silk dress (about $430) | At the end of the summer, I dumped every single item from my closet on the floor and got rid of anything I didn’t absolutely love. As I add to my edited closet, I’m purchasing only pieces that I can wear again and again. Meet the latest one: this Pink Tartan wool/silk dress. I’ve been lusting after this dress for awhile now, and I’m happy to say it’s found its place as a standout piece in my closet. The silhouette is super-flattering and the wool/silk blend will take you from fall wedding to holiday party and beyond. The photo in the collage is a shot of my own, an outfit preview for a wedding I’ll be attending next weekend. This statement dress can be paired with diamonds or pearls; nudes, metallics, black, or leopard (my favourite ‘neutral); pumps, flats or even something glittery. If you need an occasion dress that’ll go the distance, run to the Pink Tartan boutique ASAP. (The dress is shown with a Holt Renfrew bow belt and Chanel bag)
3. Benefit High Brow Glow ($26, Sephora, Murale and select Shoppers Drug Mart locations) | This illuminating, brow-lifting pencil has become a staple in my makeup bag over the last few weeks. I use the champagne pink pencil under my arches to lift, in the inner corners of my eyes to brighten and trace it on the top of my cupid’s bow to add a little something extra for day or night. It elevates my whole look, especially when I’ve been up too late. Every girl needs this multitasker in her beauty arsenal.
4. The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook by Deb Perelman ($24, Indigo Canada) | I preordered this book months ago and it arrived unexpectedly early. Smitten Kitchen is my go-to food blog, full of innovative-yet-easy recipes, kitchen staples and things that make people go “ooooh”. Deb is the brains behind my crowd-favourite apple pie cookies, monkey cake, roasted tomato soup, onion soup and so so much more. You’ll salivate over the photography in the book then run straight into your kitchen to get cooking. From apps to salads to celebration cakes, you can’t go wrong. Buy this for your friends, buy it for yourself, buy it for your mom. PS. There’s a S’MORES CAKE in there. Yum.
5. NARS x Andy Warhol Kiss Mini Larger Than Life Lip Gloss Coffret ($62, exclusively at Sephora) | As soon as I spotted this at Sephora, I couldn’t resist the collectible soup can or the mini lip glosses inside. NARS glosses are among my favourite luxury items: pigmented and longwearing in the best colours. This set features 3 neutral shades, a fuschia gloss and a shade that’ll make your lips look like classy disco balls. Silver Factory is my holiday season must-have. It looks amazing over bare lips but also punches up just about every shade of lipstick with its silver microglitter suspended in a super–shiny clear base. Make sure you save some for New Years Eve – you’ll want to kiss all the boys with this one on. Full disclosure: these glosses are s-t-i-c-k-y. Well worth it, though.
Disclosure: The MaskerAide masks were sent to me by the PR company for review. I know you trust my opinion, so rest assured that inclusion in the list is completely unbiased (I just happen to love these items enough to share them!).
Have a product/service/event you’d like considered for The Lust List by Stephanie Fusco? Shoot me an email.
***currently accepting submissions for our special Holiday Gifting-themed Lust List features ***