Happy Friday, lust list-ers! This week’s round-up of awesome items includes some old favourites along with the latest & greatest in beauty & style. As always, let me know what you plan on heading out and purchasing for yourself (or if an item inspired you to find your must-have).
1. Salvatore Ferragamo Tina pumps ($540, Davids & Holt Renfrew locations) | Even though I have a closet full of shoes, I was missing one pair that would easily take me from day to night and work with just about anything. The one thing I didn’t have was that elusive perfect black pump. With a modest heel and closed toe, this Ferragamo pump will take you from work to play in class. The bow is an added ladylike touch of sophistication that hints at luxury without screaming that it’s designer. Bonus: they’re pretty comfy (I might pop in some AirPlus or Dr. Scholls inserts to make them the most comfortable shoe ever, though).
2. Taylor Swift, RED ($18.99, iTunes) | I’m outing myself as a Swifty here, for those of you who weren’t privy to that information. This album has been on repeat since I got it. Tay Tay, as we like to call her, hits it right on the nose with her latest album and I’m not embarrassed to say I like every single song. From so-catchy-it’s-annoying Top 40 tracks to her duets with street-cred artists like Ed Scheeran and Gary Lightbody, this album does not disappoint. My faves? Stay Stay Stay and 22.
3. Bourjois Python Top Coat (about $10 , Shoppers Drug Mart locations) | This was, by far, the best thing to arrive at my door last week. It works the same way that a shatter or crackle polish does – you apply a layer of the burgundy shade over top of regular polish and a leathery snake motif appears as it dries. Bourjois pairs it with a gorgeous mustard shade, but I’m currently wearing it over Essie’s She’s Pampered (a pinky red) and love the sophisticated, leathery look. It looks like an expensive handbag…but on my nails! If you’re nervous about nail art (especially at the office), this is a great way to ease into it and try something new. I can’t wait to give this a go over all of my favourite shades.
4. Smashbox Studio Pop Collection for Holiday 2012 ($56, Sephora & Murale locations) | This has been my favourite “holiday” palette since my Queen’s roommate Bridget got it from a friend at Christmas a few years ago. We were amazed by how the palette managed to create so many looks, almost effortlessly, and used it on every single housemate whenever we were going out. This year’s collection is no exception – we had a housemate reunion last week and 2/3 of us picked it up on our shopping adventures. The palette features 16 Photo Op shadows and 4 cream liners, along with 4 instructional get-the-look cards to help you use the palette. My only gripe? I wish there were more “looks” included. Luckily, the variety of shades makes creating your own pretty foolproof. Run, don’t walk. This palette never lasts long. Think of it as an early gift to yourself 😉
5. Eloise Seamless Reversible Tank ($24, anthropologie) | These tanks are pretty much a daily addition to my outfits. Seamless and stretchy with both V and scoop necks, this reversible tank is a staple. Yes – it has both a V and a scoop neck. Magical! It comes in a variety of shades (I pick up a few each season) along with the black/white/beige that are staples in any wardrobe. They’re opaque enough that you can wear them alone, but they’re also great under a too low shirt or under a blazer. They smooth out the look of any outfit, kind of like Spanx for your upper body (but way more comfortable). Try them once and you’ll want one in every colour.
Disclosure: The Bourjois nail polish was sent to me by the PR company for editorial consideration. I know you trust my opinion, so rest assured that inclusion in the list is completely unbiased (I just happen to love these items enough to share them!).
Have a product/service/event you’d like considered for The Lust List by Stephanie Fusco? Shoot me an email.
***currently accepting submissions for our special Holiday Gifting-themed Lust List features ***