This week’s Lust List will have you running to the store – guaranteed. I can guarantee this because 3/5 items are things I spotted on friends and absolutely had to have. With the weather getting colder, there’s nothing like a few great beauty products and small, luxe accessories to help you transition into full fall mode.
1. Quilted Leather Kaitlin Ballet Flat (~$300, Tory Burch) | The cap-toe style and quilted leather hint at Chanel, but the metallic gold finish is what makes these flats a standout item. Spotted on Meg Button at the Starbucks Verismo launch, I’m coveting these flats in a bad way. From ladylike dresses and cardis to skinny jeans and blazers, these flats will go the distance through fall and still be fashionable in the spring. Don’t be surprised if these end up on my Instagram feed soon.
2. Ojon Damage Reverse Shampoo & Conditioner Set ($44 CDN, The Shopping Channel) | I’ve been using this shampoo and conditioner duo since August, when The Shopping Channel sent a bag of goodies my way. Coupled with last week’s Lust List L’Oreal favourite, my hair has never been better. The thick, creamy product leaves my dry, rough hair smooth and supple without weighing it down. I’m not the only one dependent on these products for great hair – until I purchased her a set of her own, my mom kept “liberating” these bottles from my shower!
3. Printed iPhone 4 case (~$30, J.Crew) | After spotting this sassy leopard print case on my stylish coworker Erin’s phone, I knew I had to have it. The case is made of a thick rubber and fits snugly around the iPhone; protecting it from scratches and absorbing some shock when it inevitably falls. This case is very sturdy and fashionable, especially for the price point! After using Kate Spade and Belkin hard cases in the last 10 months, I can honestly say that this is my favourite. Did I mention it also comes in a chevron pattern?
4. Smashbox Image Factory Airblush Whipped Cheek in Berry Bliss ($33 CDN, Sephora, Shoppers Drug Mart & Murale locations) | If you buy one lip or cheek product this fall, make it this one. Highly-pigmented yet sheer, this beautiful berry builds up to give the perfect fall glow (you know, the kind you get from “frolicking-through-the-leaves”). The best part? It plays double duty as a matte berry lip colour and has an amazing mousse-like texture. PS. If you need makeup inspiration for fall, look no further than Jessica from Beautezine‘s Image Factory look using items from the new Smashbox collection. Thanks to her, I also purchased the eye palette and shadow liner from the collection.
5. Tweezerman Mini Brow Rescue Kit ($25 CDN) | You know how errant hairs always show up at the most inopportune of times? Even when you’re sure you plucked/waxed/shaved that morning? Tweezerman solved that problem. The Tweezerman Mini Brow Rescue Kit is a small, clear case full of beauty insurance. Filled with the brand’s iconic slanted tweezers, brow mousse, brow brush and a brow highlighter, this kit has everything you need to ensure no hair is out of place. This is now has permanent space in my purse and I’ve got a feeling I’ll become the office hero soon enough.
What are your must-haves this week?
Disclosure: Some of the included products were sent to me by the PR company for review. I know you trust my opinion, so rest assured that inclusion in the list is completely unbiased (I just happen to love these items enough to share them!).
Have a product/service/event you’d like considered for The Lust List by Stephanie Fusco? Shoot me an email.