This week’s Lust List has a little bit of everything: eye & brain candy, the secret to awesome tresses, the answer to VPL, the ultimate red lipstick and body lotion guaranteed to keep your skin supple and smooth.
1. Goody Select-a-Curl Velcro Rollers ($14.99, select drug stores and retailers) | Rollers have always been that one thing I couldn’t figure out how to use. When these arrived on my doorstep, I decided to give the good ol’ college try. These velcro rollers look like those snap bracelets that were so popular in the 80’s and early 90’s, but they do wonders for your hair. I’ve been using them after roughly drying my hair (leave it a bit damp) with a paddle brush: just section your hair into 6 (start at the top & work your way down with 3 rollers on each side), lay hair on top of the black side of the flat roller and roll. Blast each roller with hot air for 30 seconds and let it cool for 30 minutes for best results. I love that I’m using less heat on my hair and the curls seem to last longer than when I curl with an iron alone.
2. Justin Trudeau (priceless, The Liberal Party of Canada) | You’ll have to forgive me for this one. The politics degree on my wall demanded it. This week’s news that Justin Trudeau will be announcing his candidacy for Liberal party leader made my heart sing. I can’t wait to see what happens. Not only am I lusting for Justin (check out that hair! those eyes! that charisma!) but I’m also lusting for what his candidacy could do for the floundering Liberals. Oh, and Justin? Call me (maybe). I’m ready to volunteer!
3. Hanky Panky thong (~$20, Holt Renfrew and fine lingerie retailers like Linea Intima) | When I discovered these thongs in high school, they felt wildly indulgent. Years later, they still feel indulgent but they’ve also proven their value. The stretch lace never digs in, is always comfortable and washes remarkably well. If you keep them out of the dryer and wash by hand, they could last you years. I still have some holdovers from my highschool days! Don’t let the price point scare you: I can guarantee that after you try your first pair you’ll be back for more. They’re available in low, medium and high rise and one size fits most. How awesome is that? PS. Men: this is the perfect gift. You don’t need to worry about sizing and they’re sexy without being trashy. Win-win.
4. MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Rouge Waterproof Liquid Lip Colors ($24 CDN, Sephora) |It seems like every single beauty blogger in the city is recommending this product and, after giving it a try myself, I’m hopping on that bandwagon. This liquid lip colour will last through breakfast, lunch and maybe even dinner. This double-ended product features a long-lasting lip colour and a super-shiny gloss. It applies evenly and smoothly (just make sure you don’t have other product on your lip and remember to exfoliate!) and lasts all day long (you will need to reapply the gloss, though). Full review to come (with photos), but you’ll probably want to buy it before then. You won’t be disappointed.
5. Kiehl’s Crème de Corps ($12-84 CDN) | This cult-classic made its way into my house after my family’s trip to LA. I happened to pop into a Kiehl’s shop for some face wash (I forgot mine, naturally) and thought I might find the answer to my mom’s dry skin while I was there. I spotted this oft-recommended product and decided to take the plunge. She hasn’t looked back (and I dip into her stash every now and then..shhh…). The lotion absorbs quickly, isn’t greasy and promises to give you silky skin within 10 days of regular use. And hey…if it’s good enough for Ryan Lochte, it’s good enough for me.
What are your must-haves this week?
Disclosure: Some of the included products were sent to me by the PR company for review. I know you trust my opinion, so rest assured that inclusion in the list is completely unbiased (I just happen to love these items enough to share them!).
Have a product/service/event you’d like considered for The Lust List by Stephanie Fusco? Shoot me an email.