These pretty little things will brighten your day no matter your budget. Whether you’re starting your holiday shopping early or just treating yourself, now’s the time to get shopping.
1. Kate Spade Tudor City Lacey Wallet ($200, Kate Spade & Holt Renfrew locations) | Kate Spade is one of my favourite designers, so I couldn’t be happier that a shop is finally opening up at Yorkdale in the near future (I heard Nov. 14). My parents picked up this wallet for me in Chicago a year ago after I searched obsessively for the perfect zip-around for two years. Finally, I remembered pitching in on this wallet for my friend Janet’s birthday back in high school and sent them on a mission to find it for me. Success! Leather with a colourful interior, this wallet can hold your whole life securely. With two full sides of card slots, two billfolds, a zippered change pocket and slide pocket on the outside, it’s easy to organize & travel with. The colours are stunning, too, so forego basic black for a beautiful cobalt blue or flamingo pink.
2. MAC Perfectly Plus Advanced Brush Kit ($59.50, MAC) | The Holiday 2012 collection from MAC is irresistible and this brush set is no exception. Containing the 167 Bronzer Brush, 168 Large Angled Contour Brush, 239 Eye Shader Brush, 217 Blending Brush and 212 Flat Definer Brush, this beautiful pink-hued set is perfect for touchups or even daily makeup. Whether you’re just starting out with professional brushes or looking to beautify your vanity, these brushes are an adorable must-have.
3. Banana Republic Anna Faux Fur Cuff Leather Glove ($80, Banana Republic) | Leather, wool-lined gloves with a faux-fur trim. Can a girl ask for more in these frigid temps? I can’t wait to pick these up and wear them constantly. Luckily, Banana Republic has sales pretty frequently, which will likely ease the steeper price. A little bit glam and a whole lot practical, these gloves will take you through the winter and stand up to constant use.
4. Missoni x Holt Renfrew Bear & Elephant ($50 each, Holt Renfrew) | After being alerted to their arrival by StyeBlog.ca‘s Nelia Belkova & The Alanna List‘s Alanna Glicksman on Twitter, I scampered over to Holt’s after work to pick up these beauties. The sale of these Missoni-designed plush animals will benefit OrphanAid Africa, a non-profit organization with the goal to ensure that orphans and vulnerable children in Ghana grow up in safe and permanent family settings with appropriate care and protection. At $50, they’re the perfect holiday gift for your girlfriends, an adorable way to welcome a new baby or even just a small piece of luxury to jazz up your home. Can you resist the iconic Missoni chevron in animaux-form? I didn’t think so.
5. Chipper & Sprite Serving Set ($36, anthropologie) | On my last trip to Anthropologie, the shiny turquoise & silver of this serving set caught my eye. I’m like a magpie for things that remind me of Tiffany, what can I say. They’re beautifully crafted and of substantial weight and I’ve been racking my brain trying to think up reasons to purchase them. They just may end up in that cupboard of things I bring out only on special occasions/am saving for when I move out. Pieces like this only come around every once in awhile!
Have a product/service/event you’d like considered for The Lust List by Stephanie Fusco? Shoot me an email.
***currently accepting submissions for our special Holiday Gifting-themed Lust List features ***