This week, we’re introducing a new feature here on the blog. I’ve had a lot of requests to share more of my favourite new items and the results of my shopping adventures, so each week I’ll share 5 items that I’ve been lusting over and loving.
1. Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup (~$42 CDN, Sephora) & Urban Decay Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush (~$29, Sephora) | This makeup has completely blown my mind. It’s weightless and, when applied with the Optical Blurring Brush, looks exactly like (extremely luminous) skin. It might be my imagination, but I could swear my skin has gotten better since starting to use this product. I’m always skeptical of makeup that claims to improve your skin, but mine now looks nearly flawless when I’m makeup-free. If you’re looking for the perfect no-makeup makeup, give this brand spankin’ new buildable foundation a try.
2. Pink Tartan Colourblock Shift Dress ($425 CDN, eLuxe) | I wanted this dress the moment I saw it. The punchy colour plus leopard stripe had me at “whoa!”. Pink Tartan’s impeccable tailoring and timeless style has a permanent place in my closet and I’ve found myself looking to the brand for dresses and separates that easily transition from work to play. This dress will take you through fall and beyond and is well worth the investment.
3. Yogurty’s frozen yogurt | Can you tell I’m clinging to summer? Yogurty’s is the new(er) kid on the fro-yo block and is one of my favourite places to go for a sweet treat (especially the combo Jamba Juice + Yogurty’s stores – double yum!). The yogurt is made from fresh Canadian dairy products and has the most probiotic cultures added to it than any other product on the market. There are over 100 flavours and toppings available, but I suggest topping some tart with Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, fruit and caramel sauce. Add some streusel if you’re feeling extra-naughty. Because I’m really naughty, my favourite time to go is after boot camp. Oops. Luckily many flavours are low-fat or fat-free.
4. Kate Spade Lisa Pumps ($325 CDN, Holt Renfrew) | These adorable-yet-work-appropriate pumps are hard to resist. The pointy-toed 4″ heel screams business, but the mesh, dots and tiny bow shout fun. They’re about as comfortable as 4″ stilettos can be, but the mesh gives swollen, end-of-day feet much needed respite. I bought them as a birthday present to myself (in black) and haven’t regretted it for a moment.
5. Dior Diorshow Black Out Mascara (~$28 CDN, Shoppers Drug Mart & Sephora) | I received this mascara as part of a birthday care package from one of my aunts and I’m smitten. It’s the blackest mascara I’ve tried, probably due to the ultra-black kohl pigments in the formula. It glides on easily and gives you lashes with a serious wow-factor. It’s almost too sexy for daytime, but it’s perfect for fall.
What are your must-haves this week?
Disclosure: I was sent a Yogurty’s gift card by the PR agency to encourage me to check them out. Since I know you trust my opinions, rest assured that this review was unbiased.
Have a product/service/event you want included on The Lust List by Stephanie Fusco? Shoot me an email.